Monday, January 20, 2014

Dream • I got agate

The first part of this dream disappeared on waking, but informed the origin of a gift of a polished agate rock, wrapped and given to me. The location seemed to be near the Embarcadero and while the gift rock was graciously accepted and was of some importance from the giver, I was more than willing to re-gift it to Teresa Roberts who lived in close proximity to the original givers, and was likely to be gifting me with something I was not ready to match. There was some hesitation on my part, because the chances of being caught in re-gifting was likely, due to the proximity of their abodes. Teresa's gift was cool, but dream-forgotten, and we settled down to watch some television in her expansive waterfront apartment. It was light and airy with magnificent views of the Bay. All we could seem to find for viewing was an episode of Castle, despite her full cable access. We chatted as the show began, and I noticed a completely barren corner of her apartment. Asking about it, she confessed that it was part of her therapy (mandated by the therapist) to do without or wean herself off of television or perhaps some electronic gadget. She was not distressed by its absence. The walls were white as was her apartment.