Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dream • Little Shop of Anne's and Party at Kathy's

Slept late recovering this 2 parter.
Anne Hughes has opened a retail shop with a dream forgotten friend on Powell near Sutter. It is packed with curios and handmade delights. I spend the better part of a day shopping and cataloging perspective purchases in the shop with tables and shelves offering all sorts of clever items; ceramic doodads, glass objects, metal things… . Anne gifts me with a yellow ribbon that ties a floral duster, which I try on and wear as I shop. Since I am there so long, the 2 proprietresses rearrange the store, and I am back to square one in my plans of what to buy. It's opening day and they are re-thinking the best way to display their wares. I go to the bathroom and somehow the yellow ribbon gets wet in the toilet and proceeds to pull the duster down into the water as I flush. Panicked at the prospect of causing toilet issues,  I fish it out in time, but ewwwww. A group of Latin girls, some from French American that know me, are being trained to work in the shop and I converse with them. They want an alternative name for me, that is more Latina… so I suggest Nanino. I do make some purchases and leave with a bag of chosen items.

Now I am at Kathy's house for another family party. Jeepers is there and has somehow escaped across the street. I am wrangling him back in thru the gate, quickly as I see the Lettieri family on bikes is approaching, and I want to avoid an encounter. Once inside the gate, I note that the pool has been refurbished with beautiful small tiles in blues and greens. The water is bubbling to overflowing and lit from below. The transformation is impressive. Inside the house has also been remodeled and there are several bathrooms with an enlarged expanse of the rooms. There are new unfamiliar family members/guests and as I make my way to one of the back rooms, I am being followed by a man, he has a small girl child with him and needs directions to a bathroom. There is a similar looking man (twin? brother?) in a family gathering in a back room. The little girl peels off to be with her parentals as we bypass them to get to an unoccupied bathroom. When I turn around, the first brother, very darkly handsome and looking similar/possessing the same vibe as Bruce Linde, is sitting on the floor next to the toilet and looks up at me forlornly and sez. "You're looking at a broken man" My curiosity and cautious heart are pinged as I wake up.